Tuesday 3 November 2015

Don’t forget your credit card -クレジットカードをお忘れなく-

I usually publish my blog on Thursdays but my father is coming to Japan to visit from Wednesday, so I will be rather busy.  I will keep it short this week and publish a little early. 

I’m not sure if my dad reads my blog but just in case, here is some vocabulary inspired by his visit: 

To treat (one’s son) to dinner – to buy dinner for (your son).  It could be sushi, tempura...  Either way, you can use this useful phrase.
“It’s my round.”  You say this in a bar or pub when you offer to buy drinks for the other people in your party.  It could be whiskey, wine...  Either way, you can use this useful phrase.
“Don’t be silly.  Put your wallet away.” – This is a phrase used when you want to insist on paying, rather than letting someone else do so.  It could be in an electronics store, a furniture store...  Either way, you can use this useful phrase. 

I’m only joking.  I’m really looking forward to Wednesday, and normal blog service will be resumed next week.
Will
 

No comments: