Thursday 24 August 2023

Moonlight Sonatas -月光-

Congratulations to India on successfully landing a spacecraft on the moon this week. 

I like the moon.  In my most memorable ever dream, I was an astronaut on the moon, and I was hopping about lazily in the low gravity. 

A lot of artists like the moon too.  Here are some lyrics of some songs I like, which are dedicated to the moon.

 

That old Devil moon by Chet Baker

“I look at you and suddenly,

Something in your eyes I see,

Soon begins bewitching me.

It’s that old devil moon,

That you stole from the skies.”

 

The Moon by Cat power

“The moon is not only beautiful;

It is so far away.

The moon is not only ice cold;

It is here to stay.”

 

paint the moon by Czars

“Don’t paint the sun any more;

Paint the moon, and the stars in an autumn sky.

Paint me cool blue waters, with shades of gray;

Just don’t let me live my life this way:

Without you.”

 

Werewolf by Michael Hurley

“Once I saw him in the moonlight when the bats were a-flying,

All alone I saw the werewolf and the werewolf was crying,

Crying – Nobody, nobody, nobody knows how much I love the maiden as I tear off her clothes,

Crying – Nobody, nobody knows the pain when I see it has risen:

That full moon again.”

 

Moondance by Van Morrison

“You know the night’s magic,

Seems to whisper and hush.

You know the soft moonlight,

Seems to shine in your blush.

Can I just have one more moondance with you, my love?”

 

The Last Men on the Moon by the Stranglers

“We’re getting short on room:

Imagine when they colonize the moon.

Of all the things you can chase;

They’re putting geckos out in space.”

 

Alabama Song by Lotte Lenya

“O moon of alabama – we now must say goodbye,

We’ve lost our good old Mama,

And now must have whisky,

Oh, you know why.”

 

Moon Karaoke by Kathryn Williams

“If the moon was on karaoke, what would she sing?

…I’m just trying to be me,

While the moon pulls the sea.”

 


No comments: