Thursday 23 June 2022

I’m So Cute, I Could Just Marry Myself -私は可愛すぎて、自分と結婚できるわ-

“Mirror, mirror on the wall – Who’s the fairest of them all?”

From “Snow White”

 

“Never marry at all, Dorian.  Men marry because they are tired, women, because they are curious: both are disappointed.”

Oscar Wilde, from, “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

 

In India recently, a 24 year-old woman married herself.  She put on a traditional red bridal dress, had her hair powdered and oiled, invited friends and family for music and dancing to celebrate.  Then she walked seven times around a sacred fire to complete the ceremony. 

“I will be dedicating my life to self love,” the new bride told the media.  “Self-marriage is a commitment to being there for yourself… It’s my way of showing that I’m accepting of all the different parts of me, especially the parts of myself that I have tried to deny or disown, such as my weaknesses.” 

After the wedding, the bride treated herself to a two week honeymoon in Goa. 

I just hope the relationship is strong enough to survive some of the problems that can arise within a marriage.  How would the bride react if her beloved marriage partner one day had an affair? 



No comments: